Deprecated Files
David Walters
2007-11-15 10:35:25 UTC
Hi, there are three deprecated source files in the ODE/src folder. I
was wondering if we could actually delete them from future revisions
(or as a compromise, move them to contrib)

The files are:

"ode/src/scrapbook.cpp"

In here are some old colliders like capsule/capsule, ray/box and
capsule/box (which is explicitly documented as not working).

and "ode/src/stack.{cpp,h}"

Which appears to be intended as a stack allocator, but since I've been
following this project for at least a couple of years now I've never
heard it mentioned!

So, this is just a housekeeping request really - it will help with
people making their own project files by dragging in all files from a
folder. Seems like a good idea to only keep code that's actually used
by ODE in the official source releases - which makes the project look
(incrementally) more professional :-)

Regards,
David

ps. I'm wondering if we should start gearing up for a new release
soon? - there have been a few nice new features added lately that have
polished things up nicely.

pps. Pre-emptively casting my vote for calling it 1.0, not 0.10.0 ;-)
Remi Ricard
2007-11-15 12:53:18 UTC
Hi David,
Post by David Walters
Hi, there are three deprecated source files in the ODE/src folder. I
was wondering if we could actually delete them from future revisions
(or as a compromise, move them to contrib)
"ode/src/scrapbook.cpp"
In here are some old colliders like capsule/capsule, ray/box and
capsule/box (which is explicitly documented as not working).
and "ode/src/stack.{cpp,h}"
Which appears to be intended as a stack allocator, but since I've been
following this project for at least a couple of years now I've never
heard it mentioned!
So, this is just a housekeeping request really - it will help with
people making their own project files by dragging in all files from a
folder. Seems like a good idea to only keep code that's actually used
by ODE in the official source releases - which makes the project look
(incrementally) more professional :-)
I agree with all this.

The two files are not part of our CVS repositories here at the job.
Post by David Walters
Regards,
David
ps. I'm wondering if we should start gearing up for a new release
soon? - there have been a few nice new features added lately that have
polished things up nicely.
pps. Pre-emptively casting my vote for calling it 1.0, not 0.10.0 ;-)
It also look more professional when you have a version 1.0.0 !!

Remi